After running into depressing rust issues on Rocket, I decided I’d spend my one car day this week accomplishing something on the Sprite. With the front suspension off, I turned to removing the rear suspension.
I’d like to say that there was something systematic about my method, but in reality I ended up turning and, in some cases, cutting things until the entire assembly was free.
For my records, I wrote the following cryptic notes:
11/16ths at front
1/2 spring strap
3/4 spring support
11/16th spring pin with spacer.
I also cut the worn brake line and the safety straps that were the last things holding the assembly to the car, so they will have to be replaced if I use this suspension set up again.
The entire mess was pulled from under the car on one of my wheel dollies. I’m one step closer to getting the Sprite onto the rotisserie.
Tools I need to buy:
- An SAE impact socket set that includes 9/16 and 7/16ths.
- An impact hammer “bit” with a flat face for wacking bolts out from the threaded end.
Fortunately I was able to borrow them from my neighbour today.
Also, I am really tempted to buy the lift table Costco currently has on sale. In might make a good platform to put the Sprite body onto. (I’m currently using a dolly, laid down on its side.)
posted by @ 8:21 am